Friday, December 13, 2013

2013 Christmas Collage

I'm starting a Christmas Collage tradition in my family. This year's piece is really exciting but, a huge challenge. Lately, I've been pushing myself creatively and developing what  I want my art to become. So, I channeled the masters of collage to help create something that captures this year's Christmas. This piece holds a lot of myself and, I think it will end up to be one of my best works to date.

My inspiration was this amazing shot of Jessica Chastain (Vogue Dec. 2013). I mean come on, she looks completely amazing. Vogue styled the lovely actress in looks inspired by great works art. This one is strong and glacial yet warm and inviting. It's the perfect focal point in my snow globe painting. Next, I tore apart the Pottery Barn Christmas flyer and got to work.

Here are a couple of pictures of the process. This piece is still not glued down or finish so wish me luck!

Happy Holiday!

Best,
Kacee


Just starting to play around.

Beautiful Christmas Trees! Thank you Holiday Pottery Barn Catalogue.


Final layout now to glue, paint, and finish.

No comments: