Saturday, April 12, 2014

Poem of Wellness

As some of you may know I've had Kidney stone problems for the last two and a half weeks. It's been a really hard time for me and my family and I'm so thankful to get back to normal. I decided to start writing poetry again (a lost passion of mine) so I wrote this called "Poem of Wellness". I'm rusty so don't judge me too harshly ;)

Poem of Wellness

I can still see the marks of trauma written on my body. The bruises at the bend of my arm, the purple x mark on my stomach. The pain I felt is still fresh in my mind and, my body hasn't fully recovered.

Sometimes, our bodies cry out for us to slow down, to take care of them. I'll heed those signs next time though and, take my health more seriously. I vow to nurture you more with water and exercise. To listen to you when you say that I'm tired. To cherish and love you everyday of my life.

Your strength got me through the pain.  Courage came when I needed it. Resilience has shown in this time while I heal.

Thank you, my friend, companion of my soul. Thank you, for showing me health can be fragile but, also restored.

No comments: